Pages

Coats galore from Sheinside.



I made this blog a couple years back and posted and deleted, posted and deleted, and finally decided I had no use for it. But now that I have found a new interest, I've decided to post my ramblings and writings onto here. And of course, the first thing I would write about is my first sponsored package from the lovely Sheinside! Now, I've heard many things about this site and had honestly remained pretty skeptical about its quality of clothes and customer service. How is possible to have adorable clothes be sold so cheap? Well, I learned it is indeed possible. Cheap and good quality clothes are hard to come across these days..especially if you're a struggling college student like myself. So after reaching out to Sheinside and joining their bloggers program, they sent me my first package!

Please note that this is my first ever review (for anything) and I'm still trying to get a grasp on how to go about it. I ordered the navy hooded tribal embroidery sweater coat and the black hooded loose coat. (Big thanks to my lovely room mate for helping me model the jacket).


This is the image of the embroidery coat on Sheinside along with it's product information.



Here's how it was wrapped:


After opening the package, I was definitely surprised at how thick and heavy the coat is. I tried wearing a t-shirt under it, but it was too hot (I think it was 75 degrees F outside?) so instead I wore a black cami. The coat is pretty lengthy - it completely covers my butt, reaching almost to my knees and I'm 5'6 (167 cm)! The sleeves are also a perfect fit and the material is quite soft. I know the coat looks black, but it is actually a very dark shade of blue (navy). There is also a small pocket on each side of the coat and a button under the division line between the beige and navy. The button isn't the kind you slip into a small slit; it snaps onto the other half which is located under the folded part of the coat.



Here's a picture of me wearing the coat. (Excuse the thing in my hand - it's a remote for the camera.) As you can see, the coat reaches past my butt and the arm sleeves are perfect - not too long, and not too short! The coat is loose and really comfortable.



 Here is what the embroidery part of the coat looks like. It's super cute and I love the designs! I'm pretty happy with how the design on mine looks. However, there are some loose threads. At first, I was confused on how to fold that part of the coat because on the reverse side is a very messy back of the design, but I figured it out ~



 { The coat is definitely hard to hang up on a regular clothes hanger because it's so heavy! }



In the second picture, you can see the messy back of the embroidery. There are more embroidery designs on the hood of the coat! The hood is really big and super cute but the design is totally different than what is shown on the Sheinside website. I don't mind too much because I actually prefer the design that is on the coat I got. :)



{ the design I received compared to their design }



The second part of the package was the black hooded long sleeve coat. Here the image of the coat found on Sheinside along with the product information:



I ordered a Large. Here's how it was wrapped:


After opening it, I was definitely surprised at the material. In the picture on Sheinside, it looks a lot softer (like cotton?), but it definitely was not soft! It kind of felt like a windbreaker and it was a lot thinner than I assumed it would be. I kind of thought it would be like one of those American Apparel jackets but it was pretty different. I also read some of the comments before ordering and someone suggested to order one size up than what I normally wear. I totally forgot so I ordered a L instead of an XL. Nonetheless, it is a very trendy jackets and it is very stylish and cool.


{ The zipper goes all the up to the hood! }


{ Room mate helping me model it. We noticed a slight white mark on the right side back of the jacket. Something probably rubbed against it. }



In my opinion, the coat looks a lot better unzipped. It's a nice contrast with the grey inside. The zipper is a little difficult to pull tho and it occasionally gets stuck. Sleeves were a little short on me (I'm 5'6) and the length was also shorter than I liked. However, it was perfect on her (she's 5'3 ~ 5'4). 


{ Ooooh, looks so cool ~ }


{ We had a lot of fun taking pictures ♥ } 


I received the package eight days after Sheinside sent me a confirmation email notifying me that it was paid for. I was actually surprised to receive it so quickly because when i checked the tracking number (the day I received it) it said it was still in Hong Kong. So it was definitely a pleasant surprise to get in the mail. :) There were three layers in the package - a yellow layer with padded insides, a plastic layer containing both jackets, and each jacket was individually wrapped in another layer. I like the extra wrapping ;)

image So the verdict? image

Sheinside's clothes were definitely very comfortable and the quality was pretty good. Communicating with them was easy because they usually responded within 24 hours! And they were very courteous and polite even when I was being annoying and bombarding them with questions, haha.

Quality: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Comfort: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Design: image  image image  image / 5
Shipping: image  image image  image  image / 5
Overall: image  image image  image  image /5

Quality: image  image  image  image / 5
Comfort: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Design: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Shipping: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Overall:  image  image  image  image  image / 5

2 comments:

  1. My sister is a huge fan of embroidery, but she never even considered these type designs on a sweater. When I showed her this blog, she went nuts. She has a few old sweatshirts that are just hanging in the closet, so she transformed one and it looks almost as good as yours. She is getting better and considering selling them online.

    Kurt Bohling @ Philadelphia Mail Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that your sister can do her own embroidery. I find even basic sewing to be extremely difficult so props to your sister!

      Delete