Pages

Thanks for messing up my hair, Wind!


Hi friends! It's definitely been a while since I've posted and I swear I have several drafts written up but I had a nasty writer's block and couldn't get them done.


San Diego is getting pretty windy lately and it's really weird seeing the sun, feeling the heat, but then still feeling cold. Does that happen to you too? You leave your warm adobe in t-shirt and jeans, ready to face the sunny outside only to have the cold wind mess up your hair and slap you in the face a couple of times. 


That's happened to me.

Quite often actually.

Like today.

I tried to do something different with my usual clothes reviews by going outside to take photos. It was quite an experience. There were some good aspects and some bad, but hey, it's all a learning experience right?

The shirt I am reviewing today is Sheinside's white long sleeve blouse. Sheinside is an online warehouse of tons of amazing clothes including dresses, shirt, sweatshirt, skirts, jeans, handbags, shoes, and accessories. They add new clothes every day so be sure to check them out! 




Here is the product information:




I ordered the shirt in large. When it came, it was extremely wrinkled so at first I was kind of at a loss on what to do. But I googled some cool ways to dewrinkle a shirt ~ I took a very hot  shower and let the steam do the work in relaxing and smoothing out the wrinkles. It worked amazingly well...only to get wrinkled again when I wore it out to take photos.







{ Photo of the shirt hanging in my closet with details on the buttons of the sleeve and the length of the bottom of the shirt. Also, this is an original Sheinside product! }

The material of this shirt is your typical button up dress shirt type of material. It reminds me of the kind of button up shirt I would wear to my violin concerts in high school. It's not exactly soft and it wrinkles easily. It's a bit transparent so don't wear a black bra under it! I think wearing a chunky necklace might be a good addition ~ experiment around and don't be shy.

image 




I paired it with some leggings and boots, but I think it would look nice with just ankle boots too. Show off them legs!





I like how it looks flowy and when you walk, you will definitely look pretty cool. My biggest concern is the back of the blouse because it's strangely loose and often creates a giant awkward pocket of air. I'm not sure if it's because the back isn't folding properly to make that cool tail or if it's just the design of the blouse.



{ Here's my attempt of taking photos outside...on an extremely windy day... }




{ Struggling against the wind...I had just showered and fixed my hair too... }

This blouse would look great for occasions such as presentations or meetings. Wear this to an interview and impress whoever's interviewing you with how classy you look!

This time, my package took a while longer to arrive. My order was received on January 30th and I got my package on February 24th. The delay is actually understandable because of Chinese New Year! I was really touched how Merry helped me figure out the problem with my tracking number even when she's supposed to be on vacation. I'm always super impressed with Sheinside's customer service. Don't be shy to ever ask them questions!

image
((I hope everyone has a prosperous year))
Quality: image  image  image  image / 5
Comfort: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Design: image  image image  image / 5
Shipping: image  image image  image / 5
Overall: image  image image  image /5


Another note about taking photos outside; I usually use a Canon XA10 to take photos and it's mounted on top of a tripod. It's a big camera...normally used for filming not for taking photos (it even has one of those large mics attached to it). When I was taking photos outside, and I know it's a public area, it was really awkward. Even though I tried to choose a less crowded area, I know there were still some people staring at me. I remember one woman dressed in a really pretty black dress walked by and gave me a disgusted look. I'm pretty sure she thought I was just a really conceited girl taking photos of herself. It made me feel really awful and I almost stopped taking photos right away because I was so embarrassed.

Sometimes I do think of just quitting the sponsorships I have. Let's face it: I'm not pretty, I'm quite chubby, I don't know how to use make up, I don't own a lot of pretty clothes and shoes (I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans or hoodie and jeans person). And I know whenever I post my pictures, people are judging me for not being a really pretty fashion blogger and trying to be one. I'm not conceited. I know I am no where as gorgeous as some of those people are. But I like blogging and I think blogging about my experiences with trying on clothes out of my comfort zone is really fun and helps me grow. I worked really hard to get these sponsorships and I think that's mainly why I haven't stopped. Why should I just quit and let my efforts go to waste because some people can't handle me? Who cares if that girl thinks I'm self centered for taking photos of myself?

Once you stop caring about what others think of you, you can really start discovering new things about yourself maybe you didn't even know about.

I'm grateful to be able to do these sponsorships and to write these reviews. I enjoy doing them and expressing my opinions. And if you don't like them, don't read them.
Simple as that.


Thanks for reading my review and sorry for that rant at the end! Please check out the shirt and check out Sheinside! I'm sure you will find something of your liking. It's starting to get chilly so dress warmly and be careful not to get sick! For college students ~ good luck on your upcoming finals!
You can do it! ᕙ( * •̀ ᗜ •́ * )ᕗ

Have a lovely day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment