Pages

Curve huggin'

Hi friends! I hope you have all been doing well. 
I just got out of my seminar class and I'm so exhausted! It kind of just hit me how much I still have to do before the quarter officially ends (15 page paper, presentation on paper, 8 page paper, final test in corporate sustainability). I'm doing this review as part of my short break before I dive into school work.

Today's review is going to be on the slim pleated asymmetrical dress I got from Romwe. Romwe is a really cool online store that sells a variety of clothes in different styles - I guarantee you will find something you like! They have new items every day so be sure to check them out! 


Here is the photo of the dress on their website and I have also provided the product info:

Pattern type: plain
Sleeve length (cm): S:59 M:60 L:61 XL62
Color: red
Dress length: short
Style: street
Material: polyester
Neckline: round neck
Silhouette: pleated
Waist size (cm): S:68, M:72, L:76 XL:80
Bust (cm): S:84 M:88 L:91 XL:96
Length (cm): S:84, M:85 L:96 XL:87
*I got this dress in XL*


I received a confirmation on my order on May 3rd, but the package was officially sent on May 12th. I received it in the mail on May 26th. As always, it was package securely.

{ Front and back. }

The material of the dress is really stretchy! However, it is also quite thin - not transparent thin, but...pretty thin nonetheless. I like the asymmetrical hem of the dress; it adds a swishy factor which I thought was really cute. The color is a stunning shade of red (I seem to be on a red clothes roll lately). 


Trying it on...I didn't really like how it was so form hugging. I think it emphasized a lot on the wrong areas - such as my chest, my stomach, and my hips. I thought the swishy hem would help hide my big hips, but the swish began lower down than I thought. 


I guess I've learned my lesson - I have to stay away from these types of tight dresses.


Maybe it's all about angles; maybe I just like the upper half of the dress. Is it strange to say that I like the neckline of the dress? I was actually expecting it to be extremely low or awkwardly high, but it was perfect!

{ I experimented with a new eyeliner technique. }

I think this dress would go well with a floppy black hat, just like the model in the picture. I'm kind of against pairing it with a necklace because I like how simple the neckline is. It would look really cute with some ankle boots. I'm not sure if I would leggings or tights under it because when I tried wearing leggings under it, you can see the waistline of the legging through the material. And I see this dress as an opportunity to show off some legs!

Quality: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Comfort: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Design: image  image image / 5
Shipping: image  image image  image / 5
Overall: image  image image  image /5


Thank you for reading this quick review! Four reviews down, two more to go before I go on hiatus! I return from my trip at the end of July so I'll probably resume blogging in August. Should I blog about my trip to Taiwan? I'm pretty sure if I did, it would be an image heavy blog and I'm not sure how I'll break down my trip. But it's a possibility and I'll think more about it when the time comes.

To everyone who is entering the final stretch of school - you can do it! Good luck on your final classes and final exams and may the curve be in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment