Pages

Pretty in pink

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

image
Hi friends! I hope you have all been doing well. Spring is upon us and it is the season of pastels! I absolutely adore pastels - even tho 80% of my wardrobe is dark colors. Pastels are also the current trend online; I am seeing is everywhere on Tumblr and on Pinterest. 

Today's review is on the pink embellished shift dress from  Shein! As you all know, Shein is a popular online clothing store that sells a wide variety of dresses, tees, skirts, coats, shoes, accessories, and so much more! They are always having sales so don't forget to take advantage of those too! I guarantee you will find something you like in their store.

Here are some photos of the dress as shown on their website:

Pink Embellished Keyhole Back Shift Dress

Fabric: has no stretch
Season: fall
Pattern type: plain
Sleeve length: long sleeve
Color: pink
Dress length: short
Style: casual
Material: rayon
Neckline: round neck
Silhouette: shift
Bust (cm): XS:93, S:97, M:101, L:105
Length (cm): XS:85, S:86, M:87, L:88
Sleeve length (cm): XS:58, S:59, M:60m, L:61
Size available: XS S M L
*I ordered mine in M*




I got an order confirmation email on March 22nd and my dress arrived on April 4th. As always it was wrapped securely.


I really liked how the dress looked on the website because I thought it'd be a cute floral spring type of dress. I was surprised with the actual color because it seems to be of a darker shade. I didn't really mind, however, because I still thought the color was pretty cute and bold. This is definitely not a color that I would usually be seen wearing! The color above are more accurate compared to below. I love the embellished design because it adds a vintage vibe to the dress. The material is a little disappointing. It is quite thin and wrinkles easily. After washing it, I suspect that the dress shrank a little even before I hung it on a stand to dry. 



The overall look and design of the dress is pretty cute. However, the back keyhole part has some extra fabric that would pop out through the hole. All of these photos I took actually had my bra showing, but I had to edit it out. Like I said, the material is quite thin. It is a nice, soft fabric but I was wearing a black spotted white bra and it was totally visible through the dress! 


I was a little nervous ordering medium because I usually like to go large but I was pleasantly surprised that it fit me! Maybe I lost some weight...haha. But because I believe it shrank in the wash, I can't wear this without wearing something under because if I bend over, my undies will show! I don't think it was this short when I tried it on right after taking it out of the package.

Also, the sleeves are a bit loose with cuffs at the end! I like them because they're a little different than normal sleeves. 

Overall this is a nice spring dress but I guess I'd recommend ordering up to prevent it from becoming too small after washing! 

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage


Quality: image  image  image  / 5
Comfort: image  image  image  image / 5
Design: image  image image  image  image / 5
Shipping: image  image image  image  image / 5
Overall: image  image image  image /5

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Thanks for reading this short review! I just started my last quarter of uni and I'm so ready to get out of here! These couple days have been so cold and windy, and I've been miserable going to class lol. I hope you all stay warm and cozy!

image

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment