Pages

First time owning a skirt.



Hi friends!
 I started this post a couple days ago and things came up so I hadn't been able to until today. Yesterday and today were extremely stressful days for me, especially today. There was a problem with my living arrangements with my room mate for next year, but eventually the problem was fixed ((thank goodness)) and we will be able to live together again.
image

Today I will be reviewing a skirt from RomweRomwe is a really cool online store with some of the latest styles of shirts, dresses, shoes, even bags for a really affordable price! Make sure to check out their store for other super cute clothes!

This is a picture of the high waist ruffle skirt and its product information:






Normally, I don't wear skirts because I'm extremely self conscious about my legs ((I have super thick calves...and thighs...)) but I decided to get this because I wanted to try things out of my comfort zone. This is actually the first skirt I have ever had!! Normally I see skirts as a type of clothing only for pretty people with nice long slim legs...I've never had to actual courage to wear one so I was really nervous about wearing this out to take photos in.
デコメ image of Pic




{ Super wrinkly! But has a nice flare. }

The skirt was pretty wrinkled when it arrived and I haven't tried the steaming in the shower trick to unwrinkle it. The fabric is surprisingly not very stretchy at the waist at all. The skirt is pretty thick and has a coarse texture. It's pretty short, reaching just the bottom of my bum; if I bend over, my underwear would exposed so safety shorts are a good idea. When I received it, there was a huge knot of loose strings hanging at the side which I had to cut off.



I think this skirt is very versatile. You can wear a big loose sweater over it so just the ruffles are exposed. You can even tuck in a t-shirt and wear a jacket over it. Crop tops will look good with it too. Pair it with some shoes that will add inches to your height to give your legs a longer look.



My first experience with a skirt turned out to be quite nice. I really liked the look of it and I think it'll look even better after I smooth out the wrinkles, but the fabric is thick and comfortable. I thought the flare was super cute. Like I said, I feel like there are a lot of options to go with this skirt. My only problem is the waist area not being stretchy but that's only because of my chub tummy.

It took me 16 days to receive this package and considering that Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year were in the middle of the month, that's not too bad. My clothes were packaged securely which is always a plus.

Quality: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Comfort: image  image  image  image  image / 5
Design: image  image image  image  image / 5
Shipping: image  image image  image / 5
Overall: image  image image  image  image /5



Thanks for reading my review and I hope everyone has a great day today! It's not raining anymore which is nice, but it's still pretty chilly outside so remember to dress warmly ~

No comments:

Post a Comment