Pages

Zoo Shenanigans.



Hello friends! I hope you've all been doing well, whether in school or in life - I hope everything has been going smoothly for you!
Yesterday, my lovely room mate and I took off early morning to catch several buses to the day's adventure destination: the San Diego Zoo!
image
Right from the start, we experienced something so crazy that left us confused; we had asked for directions from the kind bus driver and although we couldn't really understand anything he said, we thanked him and resolved to figure out our stop on our own. What we didn't know was that everyone overheard us while we were whispering about it and several guys tried to help us (which made me really confused because I didn't know the area). One guy volunteered to show us where the next was at and he got off the bus with us. While leading us, the bus driver honked at us and told us a different set of directions which led to him and the guy having a shouting match. Turns out the bus driver was right all along.
image
We finally reached the zoo and happily crossed the pretty much empty parking lot (we arrived about half an hour early) and excitedly snapped some photos at the entrance.


{ Thank you to the kind couple who took this for us. }


Entering the zoo, we waited among a large group of children and their parents. We decided to take some pictures with their animal statues which eventually turned into a game for us.







{ My favorite is the grizzly bear and the gorilla! }
In total, we spent nine hours exploring the zoo before we were completely exhausted and our feet were in too much pain. Don't wear boots to the zoo - even if you insist it looks good with your outfit. I learned that the hard way.
image

The zoo had some really good food too. We ate delicious Angus bacon cheeseburgers at the Sydney Grill!


Since I took over 200 photos, I'll just post some of my favorites.


{ Starting off the day right with baby ducks wandering the zoo! }


{ We rode the sky tram! It was so fun but a little scary. }


{ Super cute! }


{ Napping polar bear ~ the other polar bear was munching on a carrot. }


{ Male jaguar! The female was separated with her babies. }



{ My favorite - the adorable capybara! They were so cute snoozing. }


{ Looking at the camera! }


{ Female elephants! }


{ The legs of the secretary bird looks so strange! }


{ Look how small the baby meerkats are! }


{ Koalas waking up to eat~ }



{ Giraffes! One of them was pregnant and there was almost a fight between two male giraffes! }

{ These two are best friends! They are animal ambassadors! }


{ So lucky to watch a tiger eat! }


{ Gorillas just chillin'. }


{ Look at its horns! }


{ Super cool looking alligator. It got bopped by the turtle. }


{ I don't remember what this is called but the woman next to me kept calling out to it "Oh I just want to kiss you you darling." It seemed extremely friendly and cute.


{ Baby orangutan! }



{ We watched two flamingos mate! }

The zoo was incredibly fun! A lot of things happened and some high lights included waiting an hour to see sleeping pandas, vising the hummingbird room which was so serene and pretty, and of course walking, and walking, and walking, and walking!



My favorite memory of us - every time we saw a photobooth, we had to go in and snap some pictures. Although we didn't know what poses to do, I thought the pictures came out great and hilarious! It was definitely a fun experience that I thoroughly enjoyed with my amazing room mate. This trip was full of laughs and excitement and I definitely look forward to experiencing it again!
imageimageimage

Thanks again to my room mate for making this trip possible for me and thanks to the zoo for providing such an amazing experience.
image

The San Diego Zoo
2920 Zoo Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 231-1515
Online: sandiegozoo.org
Business Hours: Mon - Sun, 9AM - 7PM
*Wear comfortable shoes good for walking long distances.*
*Bring your own water! Their water is $3 for a small bottle, $5 for a large.*
*It's important to stay hydrated and to apply sun block so you don't get burned!*
*Go early! Someone told us they spent two hours trying to find parking!*
*Check the time for the exhibits! Some, like the insect one, close early.*
*Plan where to go! Some places attract more people (polar bears, pandas) so try to go to those first if you go early when there aren't as many people.*

I hope you have fun!
Thanks for reading!
image


No comments:

Post a Comment